Living in pain is not living at all. When your feet hurt, everything hurts.
Elite Foot and Ankle is the only podiatry group in Oregon using cutting edge MLS laser therapy for pain and inflammation. MLS is an FDA approved Class IV laser using concentrated light energy to stimulate the body’s own healing process.
Everyone’s pain is different. Drs. Haynes and Belnap of Elite Foot & Ankle Associates will diagnose and treat your unique pain – whether it’s in the heel, arches, ball of your foot and/or toes – getting you back to your daily routine with comfort and ease!
Class IV laser therapy is one of the most safe and effective ways to treat various conditions that cause foot and ankle pain! Laser therapy has a vast amount of benefits including:
- Accelerated cellular reproduction and growth – which is key in repairing the cells of cartilage, bone, tendons, ligaments, and muscle tissue.
- Reduced scar tissue that typically develops from specific injuries. When patients have less scar tissue, the likelihood of chronic pain is also reduced.
- Decreased inflammation and increased blood circulation.
Understanding Laser Therapy for Pain Management
With 26 bones in the foot alone, as well as major ligaments, tendons, joints, and nerves – it’s not surprising that millions of Americans suffer various types of foot and ankle pain.
Class IV laser therapy is used for the relief of pain, to accelerate healing and decrease inflammation.
Laser therapy is great during the post operative recovery period to help speed recovery and decrease the swelling and pain associated with surgery.
When the light source is placed near or against the skin, photons penetrate several centimeters down and are absorbed by the mitochondria (the energy producing part of a cell). This energy results in the restoration of normal cell function.
The main goal of laser therapy is to stimulate the cell to perform its natural functions, but at an enhanced rate.
Laser therapy is a quick and easy treatment allowing patients to relax during the procedure. Our lasers are painless, non-invasive, and there are no side-effects.
Laser treatment has a 97% satisfaction rate according to a large study done by an orthopedic group performing laser on all types of musculoskeletal pathologies.
Some of the most common source of foot pain include:
- Plantar fasciitis – which often creates moderate to severe heel pain
- Tendonitis including
- Achilles tendonitis
- Posterior tendonitis (or PTTD)
- Peroneal tendonitis (tendonitis affecting the midfoot and arch)
- Ankle sprains
- Neuroma (or a pinched nerve)
- Arthritis and inflammation
- Hallux limitus (or a stiff big toe joint)
Laser treatment typically requires around 6 -12 treatments. Treatments are twice a week.
Any one of these conditions can create chronic (long-term) pain or acute (short-term) pain.
To schedule an appointment for laser therapy for your pain. Call us at (503) 668-5210.